Friday, October 3, 2014

HST Wall Hanging

HST Wall Hanging

Back in May, I won some HSTs and charm squares from Michelle of Renewing Mrs Sew & Sew.  Michelle had created a heart quilt of HSTs and gave away some extras.  I was very lucky to win!  In July, I went on a quilting retreat at Red Barn in Coldspring, Texas.  The ladies there helped me come up with this configuration.  

Last month at bee, I pieced the back.
Back of HST Wall Hanging

I used some large pieces I found in the LQS scrap bin, and some pearl bracelet fabric that I got from Massdrop.
Squishy Mail from Massdrop

And I finished the simple (and so easy) quilting today.


Now I have some leftovers:

HSTs and charm squares, oh my!

And I'm following Michelle's example and passing it on - to you!

All you have to do is leave a comment!  (Make sure you are not a "no-reply" blogger; check out this post!) There will be 2 winners, chosen randomly.  I will divide the loot up evenly. There is no restriction on who can enter, as far as geography goes, but I don't want to have to figure out how to get it to you in Antarctica, so maybe not there!  Comment by 10/10/2014 11:59 pm CDT.

Linking up with:
crazy mom quilts
stitch by stitch
 
Fresh Poppy Design
 
 

39 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

I love that you are paying it forward. your wall hanging turned out beautifully.

Kat said...

The HST wall hanging is so pretty. Love the saturated colors!

Allison said...

What a fabulous idea to keep paying it forward. I'd love to see how far this goes. Would love to win.

I love the HST quilt. It so fun.

Anonymous said...

The colors in your wall hanging are so bright and bold. Really nice! Thanks for the pay it forward giveaway bernie at needleandfoot.com

OhioLori said...

Loooove your Wallhanging!! Beautiful!! & what a coool idea to Pay it Forward again too....Fun!!

Pamela said...

What a beautiful wallhanging! It just shimmers with color. Thanks for paying it forward, and thanks for all the inspiration on your lovely blog!

Unknown said...

I love your wall hanging quilt! So pretty! I can use any extra! Thanks

tdkcarpenoctem@hotmail.com

Anita Gambrell said...

This is such a wonderful way of sharing ! I follow Michelle over at Mrs Sew & Sew so I get to follow you too now !I am new to the quilting and just finished my 1st class and I love this new passion and thank you for a great chance at a cool stash !

Quilting Tangent said...

Pretty wall hanging love the colors.
24Tangent@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

So nice of you to share- the colors are beautiful! Thanks for the chance- Sarah: crjandsbj(at)netzero(dot)com

Mom C said...

What a fun wall hanging. Those HST's look tiny. I like the quilting too. Nice. Thanks.

Rosa said...

Fabulous wallhanging with those bright and yummy fabarics.Thanks for the pay it forward giveaway !

Arriving from Mel´s blog.

Kathy Davis said...

Love the colors! I have heard of Massdrop. Do you use it often?
Kathy Davis
kdavis1@centurytel.net

Peggy said...

Thanks for a chance to win - I've been saving small scraps to make a quilt.
Thanks,
Peggy
peggy_verdongibbs@att.net

Diane Beavers said...

Paying it forward is the best gift to give anyone. THanks for the loot, especially the HSTs.
I'm still learning precise cutting and piecing w/those!

Kathy E. said...

You are awesome for sharing! I promise to put these pieces to good use and make something beautiful!

Helen said...

What a great way to pay it forward! If you pick me, I will pay it forward by making a charity quilt for a pediatric infusion therapy unit (kids chemo) where I take my quilts.

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

I love how this came out -- gorgeous coloring! Thanks for the chance at some fun fabrics.

Vicki H said...

I love what you did with the HST. Thanks for the chance.

Anonymous said...

Your HST wall hanging is fabulous. I would love to win some HST and charms - the colours are amazing. Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win some.
Pauline

perry94022 at hotmail dot com

Veronika said...

Such a beautiful wall hanging! I love it!

Allison said...

Beautiful!!! Need to make something like that for my new home!
allisonpogany@gmail.com

Weatherbee ;) said...

What a lovely wall hanging, such a fun design. :)

Anonymous said...

The HST quilt is stunning!
Thanks for the wonderful giveaway!

johnnyp said...

the wall hanging is lovely , and a great idea to pay it forward, very cool. cooladam1 at live dot com

The Cozy Pumpkin said...

I'm a big fan of radiating diamond HSTs, but have never seen one done all in color. I enjoy that you can still see the pattern and yet kept every piece so vibrant and saturated with yummy color. :)

Michele T said...

Great wallhanging!! I'd love your leftover pieces!!!

Michele T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Propes said...

Your wall hanging is awesome. Love to get the pattern and try one out also. Thanks for the chance.
ncjeepster@aol.com

Sowing Stitches said...

Beautiful wall hanging! The colors are dancing! Love this!!!A great winter project to chase the cold days away!!sowingstitches [at] gmail [dot] com

Emily C said...

Lovely quilt, great rainbow effect.

Unknown said...

Lovely quilt! I really like how the colors interact.

Kim said...

Your quilt is beautiful with all those vibrant solids.

Mara said...

What fun, I wonder how many times projects can be made using these HST's.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt, love the use of colors and solids.

Emily said...

There are so many options with HST aren't there? I'm heading your direction next week to visit family in Jasper. Any suggestions on quilt shops to visit?

mumbird3 said...

OOOooo love those colours! mumbird3atgmail.com

audrey said...

Your wall hanging is wonderful! So bright. Love that. Would love to play with the scraps.:)

nicolesender said...

I love the colors in your project! So bright and cheery!