Bee Weekend
Thimblelinas Bee met last weekend. Our meeting space is hosting a Boy Scout troup on the regular weekend, so we had it early, which was great because I had some Ta-Das and needed some advice, too. Yayas Bee is this Saturday, so I may have another post with more pics!
Ta-Da #1
County Fair
Put together
Sue with the Yayas Bee said I should do an inner border of 2.5" squares around my County Fair top. Great idea, Sue; the Thimblelinas agree 100%! So that continues my leader/ender project.
Ta-da #2
Oh Buoy!
HST baby quilt made mostly with Waterfront Park by Violet Craft
The Thimblelinas think this one needs a thin inner border of black, and then a blue border using the leftover blue print fabrics. Which is good, because I'd like to use my stash. All leftovers will go into the back including a few orphan blocks. I may do a pillowcase with this one, too.
Lillie's Bear Quilt - top portion
Maria's Paper-pieced courthouse steps with dark Civil War prints
Jelly Roll Jammin'
So, 2015 will be the year of the Jelly Roll for the Thimblelinas' bee. Together, we went in and bought 20 jelly rolls from Green Fairy Quilts during the pre-Christmas sales. A lot of these jellies will be turned into charity quilts for the West Houston Quilt Guild's Comfort Quilters to give to Project Linus and/or local nursing homes.
20 Jelly Rolls from Green Fairy Quilts
Here's a list of some of the free patterns we'll be using (with links to the patterns/tutorials!):
A Walk in the Park Quilt
Simply Woven Quilt
Strip n' Flip Quilt
Shelia's finished Jelly Roll Jam 2
Jeannie's Strip n' Flip pre-flip
Barb's Strip n' Flip pre-flip
Marion is doing her own thing
Jeannie is also doing a 3 Dudes' pattern.
I've got to try this one!
One last thing...
I've graduated from a design floor to a design wall!
Bailey Bear crashed in the hotel after a long hard day of napping driving after Christmas
Linking up with:









.jpg)





3 comments:
Wow, lots of fun going on in your quilting world. That is a lovely stack of Jelly Rolls. I like all the patterns you have selected to use them in.
Love the HST baby quilt... can't go wrong with Waterfront Park. And congrats on rigging yourself a design wall. It really adds to the creative process (and one spends less time crawling around the floor and playing quilt hopscotch!)
That baby quilt is beautiful. Love HST's.
Post a Comment