Thursday, May 21, 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival: Small Quilts Entry

HST Wall Hanging


This is my first small quilt!  
Stopped at small mainly because I was tired of piecing.  
There are a LOT of seams in this one!


Close-up of quilting.

Scrappy back.  Now that I look at it, I see a rail fence block!

And it all started with those HSTs in top left of this photo.  
Read about how I won them in this post.

This was also entered in the West Houston Quilter's Guild show in March, also in their small quilt category.  This will be up on my wall in my quilting room, as soon as I get the supplies to do this.

Finished size = 32" x 28.5"

Now go look at all the quilts in this category 
and
VOTE for your favorite!




AmysCreativeSide.com

8 comments:

the zen quilter said...

Good ol' HST's - they are so versatile. I love this, it's beautiful and fun. Great use of color.

FlourishingPalms said...

I think I'm a softie for HSTs, and yours in all these colors is simply wonderful! Love the visual impact of the brights. Good job! Best of luck in the Quilt Festival!

PaintedThread said...

Terrific colors. I love how you laid this out.

SarahZ said...

Oh yum!! I love this...HSTs, a riot of color, a cool layout...what's not to love?!

Lonci said...

What lovely colors, i love this:))
Thank you for your kind comment though

saroy said...

I'm always amazed at how many different things can be done with HSTs. This is beautiful!

Dena said...

Fun and Festive! I'm loving solids more and more.

Jonah Perry said...

Great post, thanks