Thursday, June 2, 2016

do. Good Stitches Cheer Circle + CiL + Westering Women BOM blocks

I am now part of the Cheer circle of the do. Good Stitches bee!



I am excited to be joining this awesome group of ladies to create blocks which go into quilts that are donated to Project Linus.
My followers know I love a good charity that can use a good quilt or ten!

The May block for the Cheer circle was a fun economy block:

I love a block where you can showcase some fun and cute fabric!


Covered in Love

June's block for Covered in Love is getting us ready for the summer!

Sun, sky and sand

I have made enough scrappy blocks that I'm cutting into fat quarters and yardage more.
It feels good!
Westering Women BOM

June's block is the Platte River:
I have a great wavy blue print for the river in the middle.  Then there is a "sandy" print and a "stripy" print for the shoreline.  I'm a geologist, but I have a passing familiarity with soils, so I wanted to do a sandy bank then a bluff and some more land at the top!  It's a veritable transgressive-regressive sequence!
(A little geology-speak for us geo-geeks!)
Then in the corners, I have two sort-of flowery/plant/tree-like prints.  I picked them primarily because they picked up the blue from the river.  (I am not a biologist, obviously!)

Helga is Back!
I finally have my Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0, fondly known as "Helga", back from her yearly checkup at the local sewing machine shop.  I can now start on the new BOM from American Made Brand!
Block 1 is a sunset or sunrise, depending on your mood, and I have the perfect solids (after a bit of purchasing at Over the Rainbow, who have a plethora of AMB colors to choose from, and finishing a few bolts of AMB solids at my LQS)!
So stay tuned for this beauty to be posted, and also coming up, I'll have pictures from both May and June's bee meetings.

Discussion:
Are you doing any blocks of the month or quilt alongs?
Would three blocks of the month be too many?  I saw Melissa Corry's post today about her Summer Solstice Quilt Along, and I love how there's just a little bit of curved piecing.  It's something I want to try, and what a great way to get started with it! (Plus I have the solids to use in it!)


1 comment:

Alison V. said...

Very fun blocks! :)