Saturday, June 6, 2015

Orphan Adoption Event

Cynthia Brunz at Quilting is more fun than housework is sponsoring a linky party to give away Orphan Blocks and/or projects.

Today, I am offering a kit that makes a throw-size top.  It's something I picked up last Thanksgiving in Ramona, CA.  I thought it would be fun to make with my niece at Christmas time, but there was no time for sewing this year, and well, she was 15 then and not so much into it as I'd hoped!

Half a year later, and this little kit is still hanging around, destined to be pushed aside for other projects that I'm more passionate about.  So, I'm putting it up for adoption for someone who can be passionate and enjoy finishing it!

This kit is FREE (including shipping) to anyone who wants it within the Continental United States.  The giveaway is open until 0700 CDT on Sunday, June 14th.  Just leave me a comment on this blog post to enter.  Don't know what to comment about?  Check out some of my older posts and let me know what you think about any of the quilts I've got pictured - mine or someone else's.  I plan on picking a random winner, so everyone's got a chance!

Take it easy, quilters, and good luck.
36 assorted 10" squares in black/white and yellow + pattern
fabric requirements for finishing

24 comments:

Lara B. said...

Someone is sure to love that quilt kit! I have seen several yellow and black quilts in blogland and they each looked smashing.
Cyndy's party is a great idea and I hope the idea catches on and takes off. I'm not entering your giveaway, as I'm trying to giveaway a project too. Just wanted to cheer you on.

acoelke said...

Cute project. Would love to make this up and donate it--need quilts for our NOMADS annual meeting to donate to a homeless shelter, Salvation Army that my quilt guild donates to, local cancer group etc.

Vicki in MN said...

I would love to help you out and make a quilt for a donation to Ronald McDonald house! Such great colors I am sure any child out there would love it.

sewspeciallady said...

I would make it for a local fundraiser. Sometimes they do sell for what I have in them and this would help cut cost. Thank you so much. sewspeciallady@yahoo.com Lorri

Kat said...

I would love to have this for my charity Covered in Love. (http://katandcatquilts.blogspot.com/p/covered-in-love.html) Thanks for sharing!

Lisa England said...

I checked out some of your older posts -- so many great quilts! Some that I especially liked are the whale baby quilt, the bright HST wall hanging and the strippy quilt with greys and red.

Many Hands and Many Hearts said...

What a wonderful project to put up for adoption! It looks like you have people lining up to adopt too. Thanks so much for your generosity and taking part in the Orphan Adoption Event - I really do appreciate it!

Quiltsmiles said...

Love your eclectic sense of style with the variety of quilts you've shared. So striking and beautiful each. I'd love to be able to throw this top together since you got all the cutting done, thanks for the chance. Jane

suzanprincess said...

This kit would make for a very enjoyable time working on another quilt for Project Linus. My sewing group does a fundraiser every year, and I do my own separately, to earn funds to support our quilting efforts for Linus, and any donations are quickly put to good use. Last year the dozen of us made over 200 quilts and blankets for Project Linus, and are on track this year to exceed that as long as we can get the materials!

Anonymous said...

I just love the yellow/ gray/black color combinations. I'd love to get this kit. Since my husband was let go from his work after 35 years, I've been put on a fabric buying ban so winning this would be very much appreciated. I am not at my own computer now so will leave my email address just in case. Thanks. kthurn@bektel.com

Anonymous said...

Your US Armed Forces Challenge Miss Behavin' Yaya's Bee is awesome! I know a veteran would be honored to have this quilt. What a thoughtful gift for a nursing home resident!
nikilsend(at)outlook(dot)com

Unknown said...

I love all your quilts, but the whale baby quilt is too cute! What a wonderful project. :)
craftyccain@gmail.com

Ilana said...

I've been wanting to make a black/white/yellow quilt. I love your HST quilt. The colors are wonderful.
hijoffeATgmailDOTcom

Judy H said...

This quilt would go to a young mother whose house was just flooded. I have made two flannel quilts for her toddlers, but I think she needs one too.

Kathy Davis said...

I would be happy to start and finish this project as a fundraiser for our local Buddy Walk for Down Syndrome.
kdavis1@centurytel.net

Dody said...

I like the whale quilt. Cute! Thank you for the giveaway

Vicki H said...

I have had a black and white quilt on my list to make. I love the yellow with it.

Rose Santuci-Sofranko said...

This is a really great idea for a giveaway event! Thanks and God bless! ILuvTheEucharist @ aol.com

GranChris said...

This quilt would be finished by a bunch of ladies and donated to battered women's shelters in 2 counties in NC. We just love sewing.

sisylyn2 said...

If I win the quilt I would give it to my autistic granddaughter
Nancy Hilderbrand
gandn74@ymail.com

Unknown said...

This is such a lovely neutral piece!

mlhummy said...

This kit would be a great starting point to get my granddaughters interested in sewing. :) Thank you!

Emily C said...

I tried to get one of my SIL interested in quilting, but she is 'too busy' to learn. She would love this piece, I would make for her for christmas.

Peggy said...

My group, World of Charity Stitching, makes quilts and other gifts for children and seniors in care facilities. So I know we could use this for our projects.
Thanks,
Peggy
peggy_verdongibbs@att.net