Surprise!
I opened the door for my boyfriend last week, and he came in bearing a ... quilt ladder!
I had casually mentioned it one weekend, showing him some DIY pins on my Pinterest board. He said that he already had most of the materials, and it was easy to put together. Well, I can't complain about any of that!
He even picked up some Velcro to put the soft padded side on the top and bottom of the ladder. It's also angled so it fits perfectly against the wall. I hung some of my completed quilts (two of them are charity quilts) on the ladder to see how it would look. So awesome!
I don't think I can leave it with quilts on it in the front room though because of this denizen:
This is Arnie. Arnie is not yet 2 years old. He likes to steal things from the quilt room when I'm not looking (Aurifil thread - TWO spools; some cut up t-shirts for quilts - they are NOT mine; a quilt hanging sleeve that I plan to reuse), and last night, he got a small bag of dog food, dragged it outside and ate THE WHOLE THING - without ripping the bag. Smart dog, dumb human for leaving the pantry door open!
Winner!
Now to announce the winner of my giveaway for the flippy corner HSTs:
Congratulations, PaulaB! I have e-mailed you.
Block Exchange
I signed up for a fun block exchange at
The 2015 block swap is bow tie blocks, and you can choose either modern or civil war fabrics.
I'm doing the modern exchange and over the weekend whipped up some blocks, mostly from my scrap baskets!
I also used some larger pieces in my stash to get more variety. It was bittersweet slashing into my stash, particularly of light gray fabrics. I did have quite a variety, including some awesome Cotton + Steel basics, and although I knew that I was using them up, they are PERFECT for this fun exchange, and in an online exchange like this, you should use the type of fabric you'd like to get back.
Block Donation
Lastly, some blocks that I made for Kat of Kat & Cat Quilts made it up to her in Northeast Texas and onto her design wall!
If you want to make some flying geese (and don't we all need practice?), check out her original call for blocks and whip some up!
Here are my blocks again:
Are you participating in a block exchange at the moment or making blocks (or a quilt) to donate?
Linking up to Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story
(see button on right)










2 comments:
WHAT A GOOD BOYFRIEND! I'm very envious. :)
I LOVE this ladder! I have always wanted one. Would he make me one too?
Post a Comment